Your skin is a sensitive area that must be taken care of. Many dermatological problems can impact the health of your skin. When it comes to naming common skin problems, acne or pimples will be at the top of the list. There are mild to extreme cases of acne that can have a big impact on your physical and mental health.
Fortunately, you can cover all of your treatment expenses with a Bajaj Finserv Health Card. It allows you to perform cashless processing and pay in easy installments. But before that, you need to know what acne is and how you can get the best treatment from a reliable dermatologist.
This article is dedicated to telling you all about acne, its causes, symptoms, and how to find your ideal dermatologist.
What is acne?
Acne is a common skin disease that usually occurs on your skin. It happens when the pores of the skin are blocked due to oil, bacteria or dead cells. Acne can appear anywhere on your face or body. This usually happens in the teenage years, when children reach puberty. However, acne is common in people of all ages.
Acne can leave you with scars that can be stubborn. Better ask the best for help dermatologist in Pune if you are concerned about the health of your skin. Your dermatologist can advise you on laser treatments, surgeries, or pills to remove those stubborn acne scars.
What are the causes of acne?
Here are some common causes of acne that you should be aware of:
- The sebaceous glands or the sebaceous glands are known to secrete sebum. But when the secretion increases, it can build up on the skin and close the follicles. Such an accumulation can create an environment conducive to bacterial growth. Pores filled with bacteria turn into acne.
- Puberty can be a major reason for the development of acne. When teens reach puberty, certain hormonal changes can create a condition conducive to acne.
- Periods can also lead to acne. During menstrual cycles, acne can break out on the skin and lead to scarring.
- If you are pregnant and facing significant hormonal changes, you could be under the radar of acne formation. There have been cases where pregnant women have experienced a considerable spread of acne.
- Some medicines can harm your skin. Corticosteroids or androgens are among the supplements whose overuse can lead to acne.
What are the signs and symptoms of acne?
Acne is caused when your hair follicles on the skin are blocked by dead skin or oils. It usually starts with blemishes that vary in different levels of intensity. Here are the common signs and symptoms of acne:
- Red and tender bumps
- Black dots
- Painful bumps under your skin
- Nodules and cysts
- Pus-filled lumps on the surface of the skin
Acne only causes scars when they create lesions. There are variations in the development of acne scars that a dermatologist can better understand. It is also essential to detect the type of acne that you need in order to find a suitable treatment.
What are the treatment and procedure for acne?
There are many treatments for acne that vary depending on the severity of the condition. Some standard therapies include facial massages, chemical peels, laser, micro-needles, resurfacing, etc. A dermatologist can use the treatment needed to clear acne scars from your skin.
Laser treatments or medical pills are still considered the best method for treating acne.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of laser treatment:
- It is a completely painless and bloodless procedure that will not cause you any inconvenience.
- It uses blue light therapy which does not affect your skin in any way.
- This is done in less time, which makes it even more convenient for patients.
- It will provide you with faster results than expected.
- It eliminates acne bacteria from the roots and prevents further formation.
As a result, laser treatment has become an effective treatment for acne and its scars approved dermatologically.
What is the cost of acne treatment in Pune?
The cost of acne treatment depends mainly on the condition. If you are in Pune, the average cost of acne treatment will be between ₹ 2,000 to ₹ 5,000 per session. The price for chemical peels starts from ₹ 3,000 and laser treatments will cost you around ₹ 5,000 per session.
However, it depends on the dermatologist and the type of clinic you are visiting to determine the true cost. You can find different rates everywhere; a fair comparison will help you make a decision.
Tips for finding a reliable dermatologist in Pune
Now that you know some essential details regarding acne, it’s time to learn how you can find a perfect dermatologist. To do this, keep these tips in mind:
- Always check the dermatologist’s credentials to make sure they are genuine.
- Be sure to check out their dermatology background. He / she should be experienced in dealing with different cases of acne.
- Go through their portfolio and check the number of successful cases they have completed.
- You can also take a preview of patient reviews to better understand their expertise.
- Check their fees and make sure they fit your budget.
- Check the type of dermatological services they provide to see if they are right for you.
The bottom line
Acne can be problematic until a qualified and expert dermatologist treats it. You need to understand what caused acne on your skin and its best treatment. Watch your symptoms and get diagnosed by a dermatologist in Pune.
This article covers all the essential information regarding acne, including its causes, symptoms and treatments. Now you also know how you can find the best dermatologist in your town and get effective treatment for your acne and scars.