According to our research report, the global acne medication market size was valued at USD 8.71 billion in 2021. This value is further expected to increase at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2021 to 2026 and be worth 11. 06 billion USD by 2026.
The COVID-19 pandemic is significantly influencing the ongoing care of dermatology patients, especially those on systemic therapy. A large number of skin clinics have temporarily closed their doors. A few specialized skin departments have been converted to Covid aria to treat patients infected with COVID-19. Because acne is the most common condition among patients requesting an appointment, the COVID-19 era has seen a reduction in outpatient dermatology clinics. Instead, patients’ attention is drawn to telemedicine or teledermatology. Since the WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic, governments around the world have adopted strict regulations to prevent the spread of the virus. Only COVID-19 patients and non-COVID-19 emergency patients were allowed to receive medical care for two months during the lockdown. Patients were treated through online consultation during this difficult time and teledermatology played a vital role.
Acne is a long-term skin condition that affects people of all ages. It can last up to 40 years. It is a common skin condition that can result from a variety of factors. In recent years, acne has become more common all over the world. Acne affects 9.4% of the world’s population, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). The increased incidence of acne, which continues to rise year on year, is driving the global acne medication market. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, acne affects approximately 50 million Americans each year. According to statistics, the vast majority of incidents involve teenagers and adults. In 2013, acne treatments and pharmaceuticals generated over $1.2 billion in revenue in the United States alone.
One of the major factors driving the expansion of the global acne medication market is the increasing occurrence of skin-related diseases such as acne vulgaris. Also, increased public awareness about the benefits of using premium skincare products is propelling the expansion of the market. Additionally, the development of effective therapies and treatment alternatives with few side effects and great potential is also driving the market forward. Another growth driver is the growing consumer preference for items made from natural ingredients. As a result, manufacturers make acne treatment solutions that include natural herbs and organic substances such as aloe vera, green tea, honey, jojoba oil, and rosemary.
Other factors, such as the increase in consumer purchasing power and the growth of online retail platforms that offer tailored acne medications based on the user’s skin type, are likely to boost the market outlook. Also, many acne medications are awaiting FDA approval. This indicates that the competition in the market is getting more robust during the forecast period. The majority of women in the world are concerned about their facial problems. Increased desire to look attractive, especially among young people, is another major factor accelerating the growth rate of the global acne medication market. One of the other factors driving the market is the increase in long-term skin problems across the world. Pollution is another factor causing an increase in skin diseases, accelerating the development of acne drugs.
On the other hand, the acne medication industry is impacted by strict rules limiting medications to treat acne. In addition, due to the various side effects and adverse events during treatment, the limitations have become increasingly strict.
Isotretinoin, an oral drug, and its safety standards were recently published by the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) in India. The CDSCO has asked state and union territory drug controllers to review the labeling of the drug isotretinoin and advise end users of the drug’s potential for significant birth defects.
In addition, the Expert Committee on Dermatology and Allergy (SEC) has suggested that the drug should only be marketed with a prescription from a dermatologist, that manufacturers offer a leaflet in local languages and that retail pharmacies follow the retail drug sales. As a result, these strict standards and restrictions are expected to impact the acne medication market.
Have Sample Market Brochure of the Report to gauge the usefulness of the report, Get a Copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/acne-medication-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET OVERVIEW:
- Based on the type of medication, the OTC segment is estimated to account for the largest share of the global acne medication market over the forecast period. The over-the-counter drugs segment is buoyed by the increased use by the patient population of readily available and inexpensive over-the-counter drugs. As a result, prescription drugs are expected to grow at a steady rate of 6.3% from 2021 to 2026. Additionally, prescription antibiotic treatment associated with topical retinoids is accelerating the growth of the acne medication market.
- Based on the route of administration, the topical segment is growing at a CAGR of 3.6% over the forecast period. The growth of this segment is fueled by the wide availability of the products, their high success rate and the fact that there are few adverse side effects.
- The anti-inflammatory sector accounts for a large portion of market revenue based on drug class. Hence, it is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period.
- North America dominated the global acne medication market in 2021. The major drivers for the growth of the acne medication market in North America are the growing prevalence of acne in the region and the launches recent products. Many prominent market players in the region are developing new products and technologies to compete with existing ones, while others are acquiring and partnering with other acne treatment companies that are trending. For example, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals received tentative approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration in June 2019 for clindamycin phosphate foam, which treats acne. Additionally, a generic version of Evoclin foam from Mylan Pharmaceuticals has been approved. As a result, market research in North America is expected to be boosted by regular product launches and R&D initiatives of novel acne therapies. Acne is the most common skin disorder affecting end-of-life adolescents worldwide. In addition, acne vulgaris is a common health problem among adolescents that significantly influences their quality of life. According to the Canadian Dermatology Association, more than 20% of Canadians suffered from acne in 2018.
- Europe was the second largest acne medicine market globally in 2021, with the second largest share.
- Due to increased ability to pay, rising healthcare expenditures, and growing knowledge about the safety of prescription acne products, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the fastest rate of 5, 6% from 2021 to 2026.
- The anti-inflammatory category is expected to grow significantly in the Middle East and Africa. Therefore, during the projection period, the Acne Anti-inflammatory sector of the Middle East & Africa acne treatment market is the most attractive.
- According to a cross-sectional study (carried out among all female secondary school students in three randomly selected schools in an Arab city (Saudi Arabia) from January to March 2018, the total prevalence of acne vulgaris was 14.3%. It n was not affected by participants’ age, marital status or nationality and acne vulgaris significantly influenced quality of life in 14.5% of cases.Therefore, the market is likely to be boosted by the high incidence of acne globally throughout the forecast period.
- Almirall SA., Bausch Health Companies Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK), Johnson & Johnson, Galderma SA, Mayne Pharma Group Limited, Mylan NV, Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Notable companies operating in the global acne medications market.
The report can be customized as required; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/acne-medication-market/customization
SEGMENTS COVERED IN THIS REPORT:
- Over-the-counter medications
- Prescription drugs
By drug class:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Combination drugs
- Hormonal agents
- Oral retinoid
- Topical retinoid
- North America
- Latin America
Browse regional reports:
Market Data Forecast is a company working in market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have a wealth of research and consulting experience in various fields of activity to meet the needs of individuals and businesses.
Market data forecast
Email: [email protected]